
Yes I am an entire month late on this post! But better late than never, right? Our sweet little Nate-Man turned four years old last month! He is getting so big and excited to be starting Preschool in the fall. He love riding bikes, playing soccer and basketball and talking really REALLY loud... all the time! I think with 3 older siblings talking all the time and a younger one trying to get his share of the attention, Nathan thinks his volume has to be on full blast 100% of the time in order to be heard! He is a sweet boy and we love him. I love that as active and energetic as he is he will always come and snuggle by me or hug me and tell me how much he loves me, even though he has days when he HATES kisses and will tell you as much! :)

This year for his birthday he wanted to go to Family Fun Center and play in the Blast Zone. It was a "Blast" as usual! And we all emerged sweaty and smiling! He was super excited for his birthday this year and counted down for us until the big day arrived!

This is Nathan riding his bike outside on a day that wasn't nearly warm enough to be wearing shorts. Of course Nathan doesn't care. He loves his soccer shorts and would wear them every day if I didn't hide them so I could wash them now and again! Cute boy!
A recent Nathan story: Nathan is often restless during sacrament meeting and has to be reminded often why we go to church and how to be reverent. One chilly Sunday morning I was prepping him as we got ready for church about how we act during church, and how if he was reverent he would be able to feel the spirit. During Sacrament meeting Nathan had been pretty good so far and leaned over to me and whispered, "Mom, the spirit feels cold!" It was actually pretty cold in the chapel that day and since he'd been sitting reverently he decided that the cold feeling must have been the spirit. :)
A few of our favorite old Nathan stories: Sept 2009 - We were out running some errands and we drove over a squished skunk. Nathan was in the back seat and said, "Ewwww Mom!! What's that stinky stink?" I told him that it was a skunk and I asked him if it smelled yucky, to which he responded, "Yeah, maybe we should wash our noses so the skunk won't stink us anymore!"
Feb 2009 - After Family Home Evening one night Nathan asked me to do something for him. I was exhausted being huge pregnant (as usual) and told him I couldn't, "I'm too pooped." Nathan just kind of shrugged his shoulders like, 'so what?' and said, "Den Daddy will change your bum!"
When he was little he used to pronounce Horsies - Worsies. Right now he pronounces Gospel - Gospital and he called Peter Dada and me Mama, which none of the other kids do. Even Logan calls us Dad and Mom. The girls sometimes call us Daddy or Mommy but no one has ever called us Dada and Mama except Nathan. He loves kissing my belly and his face lights up whenever he can feel his little brother kick against his hand from inside of me. He already loves his little brother so much even though we didn't let him name him Micheal Jackson! He has quite the spunky personality and he keeps us on our toes!
We sure love you Froggy! We are so lucky to have you as a part of our family!!
3 comments:
I can't stop laughing about him suggesting that Peter just change your bum. hahaha. That is just plain hilarious. ahhhh.. Thank you.
(Reminds me of when Emily had an accident in her new underwear and you said she came up crying "Mommy, I pooed on Cindy-elly's face! I so sorry Cindy-elly!" Ah, k. Last bum story. Love you.)
Great post loved hearing about nathans personality.
Laughed out loud at cute Nathan stories then had to read them to Jason! Glad you keep a record of that sort of thing so he never forgets how much fun he is!
Post a Comment