Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Point Gardens

At the end of April we went to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens Tulip Festival. We brought a picnic lunch and I got to be the proud passenger of a good ol' fashion wheelchair! We had planned on renting a golf cart since there is no way I'd be able to walk the whole way with my contractions being so miserable and my sister in law Lisa had a baby a few weeks before and shouldn't be doing too much walking (for those of you that have never been the Gardens are HUGE and have tons of hills and steps and is QUITE the workout even when you are not pregnant). But it was pretty busy that day and all the golf carts were rented out and so were the electric wheelchairs (like the kind you get at the grocery store) and Peter insisted on pushing me in a wheelchair. Anyway, it was kind of an adventure. We went just before lunch time and Maddie really didn't want to miss out on seeing the tulips in bloom, so I took her out of school. Tyler didn't really care so that's why he's not in the pictures, he's in school! It was beautiful as always!

(Logan was super tired and this is the best picture I got of him - he was mid "cheese" Lol! Cute boy!)

These are my cute nieces and nephew (Joe and Jessica's kids)

The kids rolling down the big hill and running back up!

No comments: