I have seriously neglected this blog and I would really like to get it up to date. I'm only a few months behind right now so I figure I'd better get started. Here are some more pictures from Brandon's first day!

He had a lot of dark hair when he was born and looked a lot like Emily did as a newborn except he was super chubby with these delicious cheeks that couldn't help but be kissed constantly!

Here are each of the kids meeting Brandon for the first time. They were all so excited! Tyler got emotional as he stared into Brandon's eyes and just kept kissing him. Madeline, forever the little mother, was swooning from the start and helping all of the other kids hold him and take care of his little head/neck. Emily was smitten and couldn't get enough of him and neither could Nathan. Logan was so excited and kept rubbing his cheek against Brandon's skin and kissing him and saying, "Mmmmm, baby!"

Here are all of the kids lined up ready for their turn to hold him. My sister Jen's boys were staying at our house for the weekend before they started BYU football camp that week. Tyler's cousin Drew is in the back of this picture.

I mentioned that my mom got to help deliver Brandon, well here is a picture of her all suited up ready to go and then helping deliver him and she also got to feed him his first bottle. I'm so glad she was able to be there with me and be such a big part of his delivery.

Lisa and Hayden were able to be there for Brandon's birth, but Tim really wanted to meet him too! So the 3 of them stopped by the hospital that evening and we were able to snap a few pictures of the cousins, they are only 10 weeks apart in age. They are going to be such good friends when they get a little older!

Wes and Garrett (Jen's other two boys) were up at Lagoon with some cousins on their Dad's side so as soon as they got back they came down and met Brandon too. Peter's dad was at the house watching our kids during the birth and he was the one that brought them all to the hospital, so he got to meet Brandon only a few hours after he was born as well, but somehow we don't have a picture of him there.
It was such a great day! I loved having so much family around to celebrate with us. I was amazed again at how quickly I recover from giving birth. I was ready to go home that evening but I had some bleeding issues and they wanted to just watch me to make sure I didn't have any more problems overnight. So Brandon and I spent the evening together in the hospital and he slept so great, only waking up every 3 or 4 hours. I love having that quiet one on one time in the hospital to just get to know my baby. Brandon would be awake for about 15 minutes before each feeding so calm and precious and he would just stare into my eyes. I love those precious moments and will forever cherish them.
No comments:
Post a Comment