Monday, June 30, 2008

About Me! (from my Kid's point of view)

So I saw this on Jen Jones' Blog and I was way too curious what my own kids would say so I copied it and HAD to share their answers with you! So fun! Tyler is 6, Madeline is almost 5 and Emily is 3 and they are way too cute!


1. What is something mom always says to you?

Tyler: she calls me Tyler McGinnis

Maddie: I love you

Emily: Play Barbies


2. What makes mom happy?


Tyler: Me cleaning

Maddie: Cleaning up

Emily: When I do cleaning up chores


3. What makes mom sad?


Tyler: Making bad choices

Maddie: Being mean to her

Emily: Not cleaning up


4. How does mom make you laugh?


Tyler: Tickles me

Maddie: Tickles me

Emily: Do this … (insert funny face and crazy dance here)


5. What was mom like as a child?


Tyler: Pretty Funny

Maddie: She was silly

Emily: She was funny


6. How old is your mom?


Tyler: 21

Maddie: 30

Emily: 16


7. How tall is your mom?


Tyler: 5 inches tall

Maddie: 10 degrees

Emily: So tall that that she's going to break our house, maybe


8. What is her favorite thing to do?

Tyler: Watch me laugh

Maddie: Play Barbies with me

Emily: Make me laugh


9. What does your mom do when you're not around?

Tyler: Clean

Maddie: Clean up

Emily: Play Barbies


10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

Tyler: Because she's so pretty

Maddie: Brushing her teeth (followed by uncontrollable laughter)

Emily: Playing on the computer

11. What is your mom really good at?

Tyler: Everything

Maddie: Putting in the laundry for our dirty clothes

Emily: Computer stuff


12. What is your mom not very good at?

Tyler: Nothing… for reals!

Maddie: Doing handstands

Emily: Not looking at pictures (actually quite true!)


13. What does your mom do for her job?

Tyler: Cleaning and watching the kids

Maddie: Work on the computer

Emily: Wash the laundry


14. What is your mom's favorite food?

Tyler: Chicken Enchiladas

Maddie: Lasagna

Emily: Chicken Pot Pie


15. What makes you proud of your mom?

Tyler: When she makes dinner and I love it

Maddie: When she cleans the toilet for me

Emily: cleaning up

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

Tyler: Jerry from Tom and Jerry cause she's so funny

Maddie: Cinderella, because she's pretty and good at cleaning

Emily: Mickey Mouse, maybe


17. What do you and your mom do together?

Tyler: Play together and read together

Maddie: We hang out and watch TV

Emily: Play Barbies and go on a walk together


18. How are you and your mom the same?

Tyler: We're both at a home right now

Maddie: We look like each other

Emily: The same Rockin' hairstyle (that's an exact quote!)


19. How are you and your mom different?

Tyler: She's a girl and I'm a boy

Maddie: I'm brown and she's not (she's quite tan and I am still albino white)

Emily: Because Jesus made us different


20. How do you know your mom loves you?

Tyler: She always cooks us dinner, and writes me letters and tells me

Maddie: She sings songs to me at night

Emily: Because I'm her sweetie

9 comments:

Christi said...

Awesome! I love this!

Aaron and Devon said...

Classic! Your kids are going to laugh so hard when the get older and read this.

Amy said...

Okay, that's soooo sweet!! I can't wait to be able to do this with my kids...don't get me wrong, I don't want Drew to grow too fast but that is so fun!! Emily had some classic answers, for sure!!

The Haynies said...

I'm so glad I found your real blog! This is the cutes thing ever! I can't wait to have kids. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Time flies. Glad to see all is well with you and your family. I wanted to give you our blog address. http://haynie-family.blogspot.com/

kahnfam said...

So cute! My favorite part about Mother's Day is when they answer questions about me!! At least your kids know how important cleaning is to you!

Davianne said...

This is so funny! I think I'll copy this too! I just Love Emily's answers.

McKenna said...

What a cute idea. I loved that. I better keep this in mind for when I have kids, it's fun to see what they think of when they are that age.

kelly said...

I'm so going to do this, I love it. I like all the computer answers that were given too, I bet my kids will say plenty of that, they are always whining about me being on the computer, which is why I'm on here now at 11:15pm!

Anonymous said...

From Tawna:

I looove this. haha. These answers are classic. I didn't know you still played Barbies Janelle...:) So glad to hear it.