Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random Stuff

So I have yet to buy a card reader and my computer and my camera will simply not shake hands and be friends so I have a TON of pictures STUCK in there! All the way back to Maddie's birthday before our hike! So sad! I took a few pictures with my phone and thought I'd upload them to keep you all interested in the meantime!

Here are my two boys out riding bikes in the cul-de-sac. BIKE was one of Nathan's first super clear words. He LOVES to be outside! If you look closely under his mouth you can see a little dirt "flava-sava". I pulled him off of his belly in the gutter DRINKING (slurping actually) the murky gutter water only moments before I took this picture, and there was still a little evidence on his face. Eeeewww! *Sigh* boys will be boys!

This was a little free entertainment provided by the Kirby salesman who promised to clean my carpet even though I told him that there was NO CHANCE that I'd be buying a Kirby today (though I want one desperately). He made a snowman out of the carpet cleaning foam and then stuck the vacuum underneath it and made snow for the kids! Nathan was so excited and kept screetching "BUBBLES!!" at the top of his lungs!

And a little bit of exciting news! We bought new leather couches for our Family Room last week and we LOVE them! We had an enormous microfiber sectional (that is now in the basement) and it was getting really nasty! I don't know how many times I've scrubbed that thing down but it still looked soooo bad! We bought that one because it was supposed to be easy to clean and perfect for a house full of crazy kids!! We were so wrong! It left rings all over the place when you'd try to wipe up messes (even with a barely damp rag) and you had to scrub down the entire surface of the cushion in order to get it somewhat clean, but the rings remained! Grrrr! So far the leather has been nice and I'm sure it will hold up a lot nicer with our wild bunch around here!

The set came with a sofa love seat and armchair and Emily was begging me to take a picture of her in the big chair. She's so cute!

And here is my sweet Soggy Dog (sorry, that nickname has evolved so far over time that I didn't realize how CRAZY that must sound to call your kid that! It started out as Nate-Dog then evolved into Nate-Frog, then went to just Froggy, then Frog-a-log and then Frog-a-log-the-soggy-dog, and then some times just the soggy dog.... uh... I guess it doesn't sound any LESS crazy explaining the evolution of it! Oh well!) This is a picture of NATHAN who'd fallen asleep next to Emmy Pie during one of our rare quiet moments around the house when both Maddie and Tyler are at school. Isn't he just so sweet!?

7 comments:

Cortney said...

Leather is a must with toddlers. We just got some leather couches... LOVE them!

kelly said...

We also love the leather, just be careful of gouges and scratches, no toys on the couches! I didn't mean to make that rhyme. I got a kick out of the gutter water thing. My mom freaks about stuff like that, she had no boys, after 3 you really mellow out a ton.

kelly said...

Oh yeah, one more thing. I have a Kirby with the carpet shampooer, love it. Tyler bought it for me about 6 years ago. If you ever do get one, don't pay full price. You can talk them down quite a bit.

Kristi said...

I love leather couches! We got our last year and it is so much easier with kids. Tori is such a spitty baby and I think our couch would smell like baby puke if it weren't for the leather. Actually, we got vinyl because our kids destroy anything of value, but same thing. I love the gutter water thing. That is totally something my kids would do.

Tami said...

we have microfiber couches too and they are so gross! we are definitely getting leather next time. i'm actually having someone come over today to see if they can really be cleaned. kids and spit up over the years make for some dingy microfiber couches... yuck. where did you get those leather ones? I like them.

Janelle Ehat said...

We got these at some tiny furniture shop on Main Street in Lehi. The set was a CRAZY good deal!

Tara Rickards said...

I have a couch that does exactly what you described when I try to clean it! I just moved the set up to our bedroom. ( we put our bed in the retreat and made a real retreat in the big part!) Leather is the only way to go!