Thursday, October 30, 2008

Precious Potato Peeling Moments

On Monday we had a Potato Soup making marathon. I'm in a Dinner Swap Group now and so I quadruple my recipe and divide it into 4 pans and then we all meet on one day at a set time and swap our dinners. Then we keep them in our fridge and can heat and serve or bake and serve on the night we want to eat it! It makes life SOOOO much easier! Well we made Creamy Potato Soup this week and Madeline wanted to help. So I taught her how to peel potatoes and she was in heaven! She said the cutest thing I had to write it down:

"This is so cool! It's like I'm a mom or something and we're just two mom's in the kitchen making dinner for our families and my kids are down in the basement playing with your kids! I can't believe I'm making my own dinner! That's crazy! I like peeling potatoes mom! Thanks for letting me help you!"

Isn't she just the sweetest? I love moments like this. She was so cute and such a great helper! I love you Mooskie!

So I had to post Madeline's school picture because it's SO cute it made me laugh! Look at EVERY SINGLE picture of her on my blog and you will see that she is SO photogenic and she has the prettiest smile! Every picture I take of her is SO cute! And now the first pictures that I PAY for turn out like this! She looks like she wants to eat the photographer! Lol!!


What a sweet girl! I sure love my little Maddie Moo!

5 comments:

Jan said...

That is adorable!! What a cute girl! And that picture is hilarious! Just back reading a little and I love the family pictures, love the new finished basement, and sweet letter to Tyler! You are such an amazing mom!

Tawna said...

that is hilarious! Grrrrrr. I almost don't believe it. haha.

Tami said...

that is the best school picture i have ever seen. that will be everyone's favorite when she's older. i'm thinking of telling Jake to go ahead and make some of his famous silly faces for all his school pictures. they are so much more fun to look at.

kelly said...

You must have the cutest kids! I thought mine were, and I still do, but only because I'm biased. Yours are the real deal! That quote and her picture, Ha! You have to frame that pic!!!

justjen said...

Janelle, Tara mom and I are together and we all jointly just really had to make an effort not to pee ourselves! Mom says she hasn't laughed that hard for a long time, Tara's cheeks hurt, and I'm crying! What did the photographer make all the kids say instead of cheese? Suicide? Snakes? Make your best Pirate face? Way to go Maddie moo, keep em guessing! You are beautiful no matter what they make you say!

As a side note, Brynne just came up, looked at the picture and made her fiercest growling sound!