It's official! No more BBQ's! Summer is over and we've dived head first into winter! What's funny is that Peter was actually out BBQ-ing yesterday afternoon!
Nathan woke up early this morning and as I walked to his bedroom I glanced out the window and saw everything covered in Snow! I heard it was supposed to snow this weekend but I was thinking more along the lines of "slushy rain"! It caught me by surprise to see everything white. But it is just SO beautiful!
The grass in our backyard is HIDEOUS!! It's never done well and now is completely gone in several places exposing the dirt! Peter "over-seeded" about a month ago which basically means you plant new grass seed right over the top of your old grass. Nothing has changed yet. Not even a sprout! We've worked so hard on it and it still is so yucky! Well, as I walked into my backyard this morning I couldn't help but think of the atonement. "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow". I also thought of the quote from Joseph Smith "If you will throw a cloak of charity over my sins, I will over yours—for charity covereth a multitude of sins." I'm so grateful that we have a snow covering of "charity" to cover the "sins" of our grass today! It makes everything so nice and clean.
1 comment:
Cute pictures! I can't believe it snowed! It just barely got cold enough for long sleves here AND I just checked the weather and it will be back up in the high 80's this weekend! Can I come visit? I have some really cute coats I haven't been able to wear!
Post a Comment