Monday, April 6, 2009

Sterling's Birthday

So Sunday was my brother Sterling's birthday so we had him and Katie over in between Conference Sessions and then they stayed for the afternoon session. They brought a super fun game called "Coob" and they made all the pieces out of PVC pipe that they painted. It was a lot of fun and a surprisingly BEAUTIFUL day outside!! It's been snowing and freezing this past week, so when we went out to play we were so happy that the sun was shining and it was fairly warm! Here's a few pictures of the game:

The basic point of the game is to use your yellow batons to knock over all of your opponents blue (or green) cylinders without knocking over the "king" in the middle until the last. Anyway, we had a blast! Then we came inside and had cake and ice cream and watched conference.

I thought this was so cute! Emily adores Aunt Katie and she didn't leave her side the whole time they were here. At one point all three of these guys were sleeping during conference and I couldn't resist a picture! Tyler also really wanted to take a picture of baby Logan, so here is my belly at about 26 weeks:

We finished off the afternoon with some fun wrestling and dog piles on Uncle Sterling. While we were eating cake everyone said one of their favorite things about him, Tyler said that Sterling was "the best Uncle on the planet", Madeline said that she loved "reading books with him" and Emily said that her favorite thing was "listening to Uncle Sterling tell the story about the boy who lived in a box and had some magic purple shoes that made him jump super high and run super fast!" (My dad made up a story when we were young that he called "The Magic Purple Tennis Shoes" and a few weeks ago Sterling and Katie came out and watched the kids for the evening and Sterling told this story to the kids and Emily totally remembered it in detail! So fun!).
Thanks for being such a great Uncle to the kids and such a great Brother too! We love you Sterling!!

Here's a few pictures that I just thought were cute. Tyler and Nathan on a little car/bike that we got from a friend when they were cleaning out their garage:

Emily being herself just as creative and silly as ever!

(She wore this outfit for the entire day and the only variation was a purple and black tu-tu that my sister in law made the girls for Christmas that occasionally went over the top of this exquisite fashion display!)

4 comments:

msprimadonna67 said...

LOVE the 'dogpile' picture--too precious!

www.msprimadonna67.blogspot.com

Tami said...

rainbow tights under a swimsuit = genius.

Tara Rickards said...

I have to say that Sterling IS a great uncle! He is so good with all the kids and they all adore him! I'm glad you guys were able to get together on his birthday!

~H said...

Janelle, First of all I wanted to thank you. You are such a sweetheart! I have been an inactive blogger and you still remember me! :) You are such a sweetheart! I am greatful to have such a great friend!
I can't believe you are already 26 weeks, almost 27 weeks!! wow!! That has gone by so fast! I love being pregnant! I'm going to miss it! I hope you are feeling well! I hope you know you we think of you often!
Have a wonderful day!!