Thursday, June 18, 2009

37 weeks

There's no way around it people, I look like I'm about to explode! And on top of that my maternity clothes look like they are about to rip at the seams for the excessive amount of stress I'm putting them on trying to squeeze my big old self into them! Oh well. So at my appointment today the Doctor told me that I'm dilated to a 1+ and still 70% effaced and the baby's still at a -2 station. I guess slow and steady wins the race right? I'll be 38 weeks at my next appointment on the 25th and when I told him that my Mother-in-law was leaving town on the 29th and would really like to be here for the birth he said, "We can be creative and try to find some reason why we can deliver you before 39 weeks. I can't promise anything, but I'm sure we can think of something." So where does that leave us? Waiting. Walking and vacuuming as much as possible, eating spicy foods and perhaps even a nice caster oil mint shake, yes people we are getting to that point! I'm thinking of putting my old trusty friend Billy Blanks (the Tae Bo guy) into action as well! Hey, it couldn't hurt right? Anyway. There's the update and quite possibly the most enormous picture on the planet. Why I'm still taking these pictures, I'm not quite sure!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Castor oil totally put me into labor with my last baby. It was sooo nasty tasting though! Someone told me to mix it with Diet Coke. Bad idea. I was burping up castor oil bubbles for hours! The mint shake sounds much better :-) Good luck!!

kelly said...

You look great! At least it's only your belly that's huge and not the rest of you. When I'm pregnant I feel and look huge from head to toe.

Tara Rickards said...

You are so cute! Castor oil with orange juice did the trick for me! No burping and the citrus helps with the taste. Take it like a shot and plug your nose! The smell is enough to make you gag! It works though!

Kenz said...

The combination of castor oil and a certain activity involving your husband is failproof. Good luck Janelle!

Cyndi W said...

You do look wonderful. And look on the bright side, pretty soon this will all be over and you will have a sweet little Logan to show for it. I do hope you are feeling better, I wished we lived closer so I could help you with your adorable children and cook you dinner.

Remember when your oldest was just a small little baby and you were giving McKenzie swimming lessons? Well that seems like only yesterday. And now look at you, you have a whole housefull of darling children. You have been so blessed Janelle. Keep a smile on that beautiful face of yours and Logan will be here soon wooing everyone. Love, Cyndi

Davianne said...

The past two times I mixed 4 oz of caster oil, 1 raw egg (wash the outside of it first to be sure there is no germs) with whatever ice cream. Puts me into labor so fast it's like I got a shot of pitocin! Worth a try. Or I could have ward members randomly come by and scare you. ;D