Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!! I just wanted to share a video I made for my sweet sweet husband this year. It's a compilation of pictures of him with our kids. After you watch it I'm sure you'll see why I think that my husband is possibly the best father in the universe! (Sorry it's such low quality but it was so long, I didn't want it to take up tons of space or take forever to load).



Peter is the most dedicated and hard working family man that I know. He was recently offered a fabulous job that would have provided quite comfortably for our family but after a long week full of prayer and long conversations and a visit to the temple, Peter decided that NOTHING was more important than his family. One of the main reasons that he decided to start his own company was so that he could be flexible with his time and be able to attend piano recitals and school activities and family vacations and anything else that he felt was important. He also wanted to be able to work out of our home where he could come upstairs while he waited for things to upload and wrestle with the kids or eat lunch with them or take time after school to hear about their day. He has also taken breaks from work to take care of me and spend time talking and laughing with me, and I couldn't ask for anything more. He loves us so much and takes such good care of us and NO ONE could doubt that his family comes first. I love you so much Peter! I really don't know what I've done to deserve such a wonderful man!

I also wanted to take just a minute to tell my Daddy how much I love him! Doesn't that picture just make you want to smile!? That's my Dad to a "T"! He is always so happy and optimistic and energetic and fun-loving-happy-go-lucky! I was so so so very blessed to grow up with this man as my father. He brought so much happiness and love and sunshine into my life and I just adore him in every way. He is a constant example to me and just good to the very core. He taught me so many things, but I think the thing that made the most difference in my life is that he taught me that I am loved. As I learned more about and came to understand more my relationship to my Heavenly Father, I looked at my Daddy and I realized that if my Dad loved me and adored me as much as He did, I couldn't even begin to fathom how much my Heavenly Father loved me. I knew it had to be at least as much as my Dad did, and that alone blew my mind, but then when I thought about it, I realized that my Heavenly Father is perfect and He knows me better than I know myself (which means better than my Dad knows me) and He has the greatest capacity to love ever known to man, I realized that I must be so treasured and adored and loved by Him, and that made a HUGE impact on my life, and on the decisions I made in my life. All because I knew that my Daddy loved me. I'm so grateful for that!

I also have to mention my wonderful Father-in-law who I just love so much. Peter comes from a family of all brothers and my Father-in-law was so excited to receive his very first Daughter when Peter and I got married. I LOVED to see his face as I called him Dad and as I truly became one of the Ehat family! It's been so fun to have him as family! He is a witty man, always ready with a cheesy joke on hand! And so full of information. He is so smart and resourceful and I'm grateful that we have his legal advice on hand when we have things like eminent domain from UTA creeping up in our backyard and nightmares with rental companies trying to rip us off and so many other things, where he lets us know what our rights are and how to go about claiming them. I love you Dad! You are so great and we're glad to have you!

I also had to show off my Father's Day treat that I made today. I got a little lazy and left out a few steps (green frosting for lettuce and red frosting for ketchup and sugar sprinkled on top of the french fries). But these are hamburgers and french fries made out of yellow cupcakes, brownies and sugar cookies! I got the idea on bakerella's blog . I also left out the printing and folding of the wrapping that makes it extra cute. But oh well. Still kinda fun huh? Have a wonderful Father's Day!!

2 comments:

Cyndi W said...

What a wonderful tribute Janelle. I loved all the pictures of Peter and the kids...you are truly a picture taker! You inspire me to want to do a better job. Peter is a great man! How blessed you both are to have each other. Love, Cyndi

Aaron and Devon said...

I love the hamburger and fries- totally cute! I am glad you have such great men in your life and I can't wait to see your little one! Good luck with everything.