Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Logan's Blessing

On Sunday was Logan's baby blessing. It was kind of a crazy day. My parents were driving through the night in order to be here for the blessing (as well as for Sterling's setting apart as the 1st Counselor in the Bishopric of a BYU singles ward) and the van broke down in Saint George around 5am and they had to wait for a repair shop to open up only to find out they didn't have the right parts. Anyway, kind of a long story, but they ended up coming the rest of the way but they had to drive about 30mph most of the way! We've all been sick... still and again! Still lingering colds and another bout of stomach flu! We figure we wanted to try on all of the illnesses possible as soon as possible after little Logan's birth to introduce him to as many bugs as possible! So the kids were kind of cranky on Sunday morning, mostly just Nathan. He was yelling and grumping through the whole blessing. I feel bad for everyone around us because I was just trying to tune him out so I could hear the blessing but he finally started screaming right at the end so I took him out. But I did hear most of the blessing and Peter's mom always writes the blessings down in short hand (so she can get ALL of it) and then transcribes it for us so we have all of the kids baby blessings all written out. So I'll read it whens she finishes it. Peter is such a good dad and spent the whole week before the blessing thinking about it and preparing and it paid off. The spirit was so strong and as I looked down at little Logan sleeping in his car seat before the blessing I got all choked up, feeling so very blessed to have such a sweet little spirit in our family. I just adore our little Logan so much (in case you couldn't tell)! I took some sweet pictures of him after we got home from Provo.
Right after the blessing we went down to Provo to be there for Sterling's sustaining and setting apart (which was also so wonderful) and then had a little luncheon in their Quad at Wymount. My parents finally crawled into town around 2pm or so (7 hours after they had planned on arriving). We visited for awhile and then headed home and got things ready to go up to Steve and Cary Jones' (my sister in law's family) for dinner. We had a nice relaxed evening out there with them. Little Logan is growing up so fast. I weighed him the other day and he is just over 9 pounds now! Such a sweet boy! We're so glad he's a part of our family!

3 comments:

Marylin said...

Holy Smokes! What a crazy day! So glad you will at least be able to read the blessing! Funny how those things all happen at the same time! Hope everyone gets well soon! :)

kelly said...

Wow, I even teared up reading this, what's wrong with me?! I love that you have your baby's blessings written down, I wish I had that.

Mom, Aunt, Grandma Ehat or Lori said...

Sorry we were unable to make it - got the call too late to make a change of Sunday commitments! He's sure is a cutie!!!