Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ehat Christmas

Luckily my fabulous Cousin Tawna and her wonderful boyfriend Keith came over the night before we left for California and helped me finish wrapping all of the gifts so that when we came home all I had to do was carry them downstairs and dump the presorted bags into each of the kids stockings and I was in bed 20 minutes after we got home! Here's what our first Christmas in the new house looked like:

The next morning the kids slept in until about 9:45 and Peter had taken the last stretch of driving and wasn't able to sleep much in the car so he was EXHAUSTED. So once the kids were up I let them open their new jammies (usually we do that the night before but they were DEAD asleep when we got home so instead they waited for them at the top of the stairs for the next morning). And then since Peter was still out like a light I decided to bathe all of the kids and put their new jammies on before we went downstairs. By the time they were all ready to go down it was about 10:30 and I decided it was probably okay to wake Peter up! We were all SO TIRED! Here's my cute little family in their new Christmas jammies, just before heading down to open gifts (Logan was already down for a morning nap)

We just let the kids go at it and not do it one at a time and it was an exciting 15 minutes!! Here's a few pictures (I did a lot more video than pictures this year so there aren't many pictures.)


Logan woke up and got to open a few VERY exciting gifts like a new bath towel and some baby food!


Each of the girls REALLY wanted a picture with Logan in his cute new monster jammies. It was a fun day! We lounged in jammies for most of the day and then headed out to Peter's parents house and opened a few more gifts and ate leftovers and enjoyed time together with MORE family! That is definitely the best part about Christmas -- Family!

5 comments:

Aaron and Devon said...

Such cute pictures! Who wouldn't want to take a picture with Logan- he's so stinkin' cute. When Aaron and Mara were here, I asked Chloe if she knew who Elijah was- she looked over and said "Logan". It was cute.

Amy and Dane said...

Looks like a good one! Hope you guys are having a great new year.

kelly said...

We do the jammie thing too! Cute kids, sounds like a great Christmas.

where the wildthings grow said...

Great New Family Picture! You have such cute kids!

Kevin + Marcy said...

Okay, so I totally enjoyed all your Christmastime pictures throughout your last few posts! Your kids are so fun and animated, and I think that little Logan is one of the happiest little guys I've ever seen. A-dor-a-ble. Love him!