
Our ward Relief Society had a retreat this past weekend in Heber at a FANTASTIC house up there for available to rent. We had a super fun time that first night. Some of us met up for Dinner at the Homestead in Midway before all of the "official" fun started at the house. Then we drove over to the house and met up with all of the other ladies who would be joining us to spend the night up there. It was a BLAST! We played tons of silly games including this one where we were all blindfolded and were assigned a barnyard animal then we had to make our animal sound as we wandered around the room blindfolded trying to find others who were the same animal and once we found all 4 in our group we could take off our blindfolds and watch everyone else, it was really a lot funnier than it sounds! We also had M&M sucking contests, apple stacking contests and a combo of Taboo & Charades and so much more! My cheeks seriously ached by the time I went to bed! So SO funny!

We also divided into groups and each group received a bag full of random props as well as the name of a famous person, a church calling and a famous quote that all had to be used in our skit. SO FUNNY! Here's the whole group all ready for their skits

Just some random pictures to give you a glimpse of the fun we had together!

Here are a few pictures of the skits. Our group did a TERRIFIC job portraying Hannah Montana (as ME) visiting Young Womens with her friend Molly Mormon on the Sunday that they happened to be having the "Chastity Lesson" SO FUNNY! It was so much fun! After the skits we had a short devotional and then stayed up chatting/playing games until way too late.

The next morning I woke up at 6am so that I could get my scheduled run in before Breakfast and still have time to shower before the devotionals started. It was SO beautiful!! I ran 12 miles and it was SO amazing! There were fabulous jogging trails mingled in between all of the neighborhoods and I jogged down and around the Heber Cemetery and then I jogged out past the house into the countryside and it was just so relaxing and beautiful! The rest of the day was so so wonderful! I haven't felt the spirit so strong and last for so long since I was at Girls Camp as a Young Woman. Testimonies were born and we talked about personal revelation and having the spirit with us and about being better friends and not gossiping and picking at each other. We talked about the atonement and knowing who we are as Daughters of God and truly understanding and appreciating our roles as women. It was just too wonderful to try to describe. People shared personal experiences and testimonies and the spirit confirmed so strongly the truth of everything shared.

Thank you SO much to everyone who organized and planned this trip and for those who prepared and shared thoughts and testimonies while we were there. It was such a wonderful and rejuvenating weekend! We really do have the very best ward and I have made some of the greatest friends here. What amazing women I have surrounding me all of the time! I really do feel so blessed to have each one of them in my life and have learned so much from them, not to mention have laughed so much WITH them! It was a WONDERFUL weekend and could not have been any better!

5 comments:
Wow it sounds and looks like you guys had an incredible time!! I'm so glad! I feel like I have been a horrible friend! I am so sorry I have been disconnected with out internet for a really long time! :) I hope all of you are doing well! We were sad we couldn't make it down for the Fresno reunion! Next time! I hope it was a blast though!
I hope you know you are truly a remarkable woman! :) Just thought you should know that! xo
What a fun trip, it looks like it was a blast! Can I come next time? J/K no seriously I miss your ward and all the fun ladies!
What a great weekend! I totally recognize some of those faces.... miss you guys!
What a fantastic get away!! Ok so our worlds are getting smaller, a girl in those pictures went to high school with me. She was a bit younger so I don't know her too well, Dawn is her name, and she is very close with some of my very close friends!! How crazy that she is in your ward!!!!???
Yeah I knew you were friends with Marilyn cause I have seen her on your blog but I guess I just never said anything to you. I do remember thinking how crazy it was when I first noticed that months ago.
Do we not have the coolest ward ever? I just love the picture with us all leaning in to each other! What a fun weekend it was, and I will never look at Hannah Montana the same again! HA!
Post a Comment