Thursday, August 19, 2010

24th of July Neighborhood Party

For those of you who don't live in Utah or may not know, the 24th of July is "Pioneer Day" and we celebrate and honor our Pioneer Heritage. Our cul-de-sac has started a tradition of a full day of activities. We started out the day with an enormous water fight:

We also all pitched in to rent a snow cone machine and a cotton candy machine and the kids were in heaven with their unlimited access to such a sugar fest!

I also pulled out some face paints from our trip to Manti a few months ago and started taking requests. We painted rainbows, ladybugs, hearts, monster trucks, dinosaurs, spiderman webs, and as the day wore on and we got a little sillier we painted mustaches and even UNI-BROWS!! Lol! Maddie even started a beauty parlor and painted makeup on herself and Emily and a few of the other girls in the neighborhood! They were so cute!

That evening we pulled out several of the neighbors BBQ's and had a massive potluck BBQ in the cul-de-sac with a fabulous sound system and speakers DJ'd by one of our neighbors. We cleared away a few chairs and the kids used the driveway as a dance floor and danced until they dropped. The evening wrapped up with a dance-off between Peter and Dante. Everyone was SHOCKED at Peter's dancing skills! He's got some moves! Unfortunately I couldn't get my big flash attached in time so I only have a few really lame pictures, but it was pretty amazing! I love my husband and his unexpected dancing talent!

It was a FABULOUS day!

2 comments:

Tami said...

yeah Brent can dance too. surprisingly. actually all the Nef's can. what's up with that?

Brent said...

Pete taught me everything I know... Seriously. Best dancer ever.