This past Sunday Peter was sustained as the new Bishop of our ward. It's a pretty overwhelming feeling not only for Peter but also for me. As many of you know, Bishops devote A LOT of time to their callings and the members of their wards and it takes them away from their families quite a bit and this is all in addition to their work responsibilities. But they are also extremely blessed for their sacrifice and selfless service, as we've seen with our previous Bishopric. We are excited for the adventures that the next several years hold in store for us and we are grateful for the blessings that we know will come and the strength we are sure we will receive, however we would GREATLY appreciate any extra prayers on behalf of not only our family but also for the members of our ward.
My favorite scripture is in the Doctrine & Covenants section 64 verse 33 and it says, "Be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." That's my motto right now. Be not weary in parenting, be not weary in supporting my husband in his calling. Be not weary in exercising. Be not weary in loving. Be not weary in doing your best. These things may seem small but they are laying the foundation for great things to come. I hope I can be patient enough to receive the blessings that the Lord has in store for our family.
14 comments:
Wow! That's exciting but... I'm not surprised. :) Does that give you any encouragement!? You will be in our prayers!
Loves
the J clan.
Ha, I was going to say exactly what Christi said. Good luck to you and your wonderful family!
Brent gave me the heads up a few days ago. Pete will be great! and you will too. but yeah - long road ahead i'm sure. good luck with everything!
Holy moly. Yeah what they said! Wowzers! Congrats, good luck and let us know if we can ever help with anything :)
what a great blessing :) you guys are pretty much the best...so i don't even need to wish you luck!
Welcome to "The wife of a bishopric member" club. It's not as bad as you might imagine, as long as you imagine rarely seeing your husband anymore. Do that and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Also, don't be surprised to hear you, your husband or your family criticized. You can't please everyone and some people are pretty bold, to put it nicely;) You are right, there are many countless blessings too.
Wow!!!! Peter will be a wonderful bishop!!! I have to say, I'm in shock! Wow, that's so great!! My cousin, a bishop, and so young!! Good luck, have fun and know that you guys are in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Oh my goodness! That is so exciting but probably a little overwhelming. We will definitely add you to our prayers while you guys get used to this big adjustment. I remember when my dad was a bishop and I remember even when I was that young- how the spirit changed in our home. That's really exciting. Best of luck to all of you.
Peter will be great and you will make a wonderful bishops wife! Good luck!
Peter will be great and you will make a wonderful bishops wife! Good luck!
Janelle, I felt the same way when LeGrand was called to be a bishop over a year ago!!! Peter will be great! You will be great too! If you ever need anyone to talk to who's going thru what you are, just give me a call!! You guys will be in my prayers. I know first hand that the Lord won't leave you alone, you will feel closer to him than ever before! Good luck Janelle!!! You'll all be great!!
Love You!!!
Both of you are perfect for this calling! I have no doubt about it!
I have to tell you as we walked in and saw the stake presidency and realized what was happening I started to get a little anxious. I thought, "Who will it be? Will I be able to sustain them as much as I have with this past bishop who, as you know, was so incredibly amazing?!?" My heart skipped a beat. Then as we looked around the congregation to see whose family was in attendance and realized yours was and I had a very good idea that it would be Peter, I felt such a calmness. We were so thrilled to sustain him as our new bishop but could see the weight of the world (or ward, whatev) come crashing down on his shoulders in that same moment. We pray for both of you and know with all our hearts that you are where the Lord wants you and your lives will bless all of us so much in the next few years! Thanks for your sacrifice and we love you both!
You and Peter will be wonderful! What a blessing for your family and your ward. Your family will be blessed for your sacrifice!
Post a Comment