
Where has the time gone? How is it that I have a 9 year old son? Man, the time goes by way too fast! We had a fun day on Tyler's birthday. I woke up early and made him heart shaped pancakes (he asked for no chocolate chips in them this year). Then the 3 youngest and I went off to pick up some treats for his class at school along with McDonald's for his birthday lunch at school. We brought them into his class and they put him on the "hot seat" and everyone got to ask him questions and find out what his favorite color and food is and what he was going to dress up as for Halloween and some of the things he likes to do. It was fun. Peter got to stop in and say hello to him as well since he was at the school for "Dad's and Donuts" with Emily. Then that afternoon I got a sitter for the kids and Peter and I took Tyler to see "Quest of the Guardians" in 3D... what a COOL movie! Peter and I had never seen a 3D movie before and it was SUPER cool. The story of the movie was really neat too. We had a lot of fun and Tyler LOVED the one on one time with just his parents. Then we brought him to football practice and then home for dinner and presents and cupcakes with just our family. Then on Sunday we had a family birthday party for him and everyone came out for dinner and cake and ice cream.


Tyler is really such a GREAT kid and we are so glad he's the oldest in our family. He is such a good big brother and takes such good care of his little brothers and sisters. He's always been very protective of them and so helpful with the little ones. He adores babies and toddlers and is always finding some creative way to keep them entertained! Tyler is a smart boy and has always been really good at Math and has recently really fallen in love with reading. He loves football and is so good at every position that he has played. He's always had a LOT of energy and been super fun to be around. He is known for his sense of humor and can always make us laugh. He's also the first one to come in with a big hug and kiss on the cheek and to tell me he loves me, he's so tender hearted and sweet and I just adore him. He's growing up so fast and as much as I hate to admit it, he isn't little anymore!







2 comments:
Wow, I remember when Tyler was born! He's the reason we named our son Tyler. He's such a handsome little man. :-)
You guys make the cutest kids ever. Tyler is going to have to watch out for the girls (he probably already does!). What a fun idea to take him out alone for his birthday. I love that!
Post a Comment