Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 3 - 20 Favorite Things

So I wanted to see what my kids would say for this one so I cut it down to 10 things so it wouldn't be so long. I didn't ask Logan but the kids and I all came up with his list together. Enjoy!

Tyler's List:
1- Football 2- Friends 3- Computer 4- Drawing 5- Writing 6- Playing Legos 7- Crafts 8- Pizza 9- Airborne (the trampoline arena) 10- Playing with my brothers and sisters

Maddie's list:
1- Logan 2- Friends 3- Barbies 4- Mrs. Gibbons (her 2nd grade teacher) 5- Watching TV 6- Pork 7- Birthday parties 8- Playing the piano 9- Playing on the computer 10- Being helpful

Emily's List:
1- Watching Inkheart 2- Making crafts 3- Being Silly 4- Smelling flowers 5- Playing with friends 6- Go outside and pick flowers 7- Nature 8- My mom 9- Logan's cuteness 10- Making special things for people

Nathan's List:
1- To go outside and play with Conner (our neighbor) 2- Playing Angry Birds on mommy's phone 3- Playing my harmonica 4- Spaghetti and Meatballs 5- Going to the Dinosaur Museum
6- Wearing my pajamas 7- Going to Trafalga 8- Doing puzzles 9- Playing army with my brothers and sisters 10- Playing soccer

Logan's List:
1- His puppy dog (stuffed animal) 2- Playing cars 3- Watching Bubble Guppies 4- Kicking his soccer ball 5- Playing outside 6- Wearing other people's shoes 7- Taking Baths 8- Reading Books 9- Dancing to music 10- Climbing on things and getting new owies

Alright Robyn, I'll add my list of favorites too:
1- Music
Music changes my moods and has always had a very profound effect on me.
2- Family
Obviously we wouldn't be having baby number 6 if I didn't love having a large family and spending time with them!
3- My husband
Seriously I know I get to the "gag me" stage a lot with my professions of love for my amazing husband, but it's all true. He truly is amazing and my very best friend and my VERY favorite thing in the world.
4- Reading
I can get lost in a good book WAY too easily and love to share fun books with my kids (maybe I'll have to add those books to the list for favorite books)
5- Pictures
I love taking pictures but more than anything I love looking at pictures.
6- Digital Scrapbooking
Goes hand in hand with number 5. I love to use a little bit of my creativity to create fun pages using the pictures I've captured of my family
7- Friends
I've love getting together with a group of girls and just having fun. It could be going to lunch, or getting together to play games, or just hanging out and chatting. I love me a good GNO!
8- CHOCOLATE
Hello, my name is Janelle, and I'm a chocoholic who has no interest or desire to become anything otherwise!
9- Camping
A long time family tradition that I am ALWAYS itching to do! I LOVE everything about it!
10- Hiking
Again, something about just being outdoors in nature is the most relaxing and uplifting.
11- Hawaii
My all time favorite vacation spot hands down with no questions asked. Yes, I've only been once and yes, I've only been to one of the islands of Hawaii (Kauai) but if I could I would go back for a few weeks of every year just to recharge my batteries
12- Running
I got addicted to running while training for the St. George Marathon last year and was sad when I had to stop running this pregnancy because of my contractions. I see people outside running and I just want to throw on my shoes and run out the door and join them!
13- Babies
There is something so amazing to me about a newborn baby. The innocence and purity is overwhelming and the spirit they bring with them is incredible.
14- Sunshine!
Something that I am seriously craving right now! I want to go outside in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and work in my yard and plant some flowers and feel the sun on my face. It makes me happy!
15- Thunder Storms
Yes I know, the exact opposite of sunshine but SO COOL! I love the dark rumbling clouds and the big fat rain drops and the way the sky lights up when lightning strikes. So amazing!
16- Fresh Baked Bread
YUM!!!! I love the way it makes the house smell (the very few times a year - or two - that I actually make it) and I love the way it takes hot out of the oven with a little bit of butter melted onto it! YUM!
17- Kneaders Bakery
I've been a few times over the past several years and ordered a sandwich and been impressed with it, but recently it's all I can think about it! I have experienced more of their menu and my mouth waters just thinking about going! EVERYTHING IS SO YUMMY!
18- Having a Clean House
I think this has become such an amazing thing for me because it has been happening less and less recently!! Actually I don't know when the last time the my ENTIRE house was all clean at the same time. We'll work on the basement or the main level or the bedrooms, but never all at once. But when it is, Oh my it feels like heaven!
19- Laughter
Hearing my kids laugh, when Peter makes me laugh, when people are happy and laughing it means life is good and I love it.
20- The Gospel
I'm so grateful for my membership in the church and for the doctrines that it teaches and the spirit that I feel as I study and pray about the things I learn. I'm grateful for the support and strength that I receive through the members as they share their testimonies and experiences and I'm grateful for the blessings we receive as we serve and sacrifice to help others come closer to Christ. If you would like to know more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, click here for more information.

2 comments:

kelly said...

Cute, my favorite, the one that made me laugh...Pork and Wearing other people's shoes.

Robyn said...

I want your list too!