
I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how grateful I am to have little Brandon in my arms and to not be in pain anymore! Not quite a week after Brandon was born I swept and mopped the kitchen and when I finished and put the mop away I stopped and realized that it had been over 4 months since I had been able to sweep and mop my kitchen without stopping several times to rest or being doubled over in pain the whole time and have finished with sweat pouring down my face from the pain that I had endured in doing such a simple thing. I almost cried in gratitude as I thought about how overwhelmingly grateful I was to have been able to sweep and mop my kitchen floors again.
The last month or two of my pregnancy I had some amazing friends that helped me out and once a week someone came in and helped me do my floors and bathrooms (the two hardest things for me to do) but having 5 small kids means that my floors get pretty thrashed after every meal... and snack and passing through... so I'd have the kids do it and then I'd try to do touch up on their attempt to do it, and even that would wipe me out for the rest of the day. Anyway, needless to say it was a pretty rough pregnancy and as grateful I am that I was able to get pregnant and carry my baby and deliver without complications, I am still VERY grateful to not be feeling that way anymore. The picture above pretty much sums up how I've been feeling these days: Happy, content, grateful and smitten with this amazing little creature that we were blessed with. :)

Tyler started Football clinics and was in HEAVEN and SO very excited for the football season to start! We love having Tyler in football, it's SO fun to watch his games, they are actually REALLY good and he absolutely loves it and it's fun to see him enjoy something so much and be so good at it.

Logan is obsessed with horses and was in heaven riding this cute little pony around and around and around...

My Grandparents were able to come up and meet sweet Brandon. They used to live only a few minutes away but recently moved back to California and we have missed having them stop by randomly throughout the week so it was really nice to have them be able to come back and meet Brandon.

My sister in law Jen made this GORGEOUS quilt for Brandon and I absolutely LOVE it! He does too!

I think my favorite newborn pictures are the ones where they are sound asleep all mooshy and snuggly like this! I adore my sweet little Brandon!

Tyler has always been a fabulous big brother but in the past few months he has seemed to really enjoy it and has had so much fun playing with the younger kids and taking care of them. I really am so lucky to have such sweet and helpful kids. Love them!

Another trip to Seven peaks! This time we went first thing in the morning so Logan was awake and LOVING playing in the water. I went with my sisters in law Jessica and Lisa so they were able to get in the water with the kids while I wore Brandon in my front pack and walked around and watched and cheered and took pictures. Tyler and Maddie played with the little kids a bit but then went off on some of the big slides and would come check in after each one. It worked out great and wasn't nearly as overwhelming as I thought it could be taking 6 kids to a water park without Peter.

My cute little Cougar fan! LOVE this BYU jersey onsie that we got as a gift! True blue, through and through!

We went to the splash park in Alpine again with some friends and Tyler spent his time climbing up this 10 foot pole and wanted me to document that he'd made it to the top! I didn't get any pictures of the kids playing in the water or playground but they had a great time. It's a fun park with plenty of shade and grass of things to do.






2 comments:
Brandon is very, very cute. I love the sleepy pictures too.
Congratualions on your little guy. He is so adorable. So tiny. I love that photo of you and him. What a cute little bundle. I'm so glad you are doing better.
Post a Comment