Saturday, July 12, 2008

Memories with me

So I found this on Amy (Ehat) Woolery's blog and thought it looked pretty fun! Humor me okay?! I'm curious if you remember things that I don't.

Here are the directions:

1. As a comment on this post, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments. Just let me know which you prefer.

17 comments:

Kenz said...

Yes, there are many, but one that stands out in my mind is when you were pulling out of the church parking lot after seminary and got totally hit by a bus (correct me if I'm wrong). I remember how scary it was and all we could see was you with blood streaming down your head. Your mom was on the scene in a flash and you were taken away in an ambulance. We were one lucky cookie that it wasn't as bad as it looked! Of course it gave you a more valid reason for missing school that week, but that wasn't anything new for you!!! Love you Janelly..

Kenz said...

sorry, YOU were one lucky cookie.

Christi said...

Ahh... ward missionary meetings in Wymount and you telling the story of how you and Peter met and got together. I was completely beside myself in... I don't know... shock? I don't think I believed you when you told me how old you were---because you sure didn't act it. :)

Cortney said...

Wow... Janelle, you knew this was coming! The infamous "shower scene" at Girls Camp!!! I won't go into detail, as to keep your good reputation and your blog G-Rated, but let's just say I've never been the same!!! And now that you have had 4 kids, I am sure you've gotten better with age!!! Love you!

Janelle Ehat said...

OH Cortney! I think the G-rating has gone down the tubes with the mental images that you created! Yikes!

Cortney said...

HA! You are naughty!!

Amy said...

I was thinking the same memory of you as you put on my blog....that was such fun night, playing Sequence until the New Year!! That was a great time...we definitely need to do that again!! I also remember last summer watching your sweet baby Nathan when you went to girls' camp...luckily you got to go after having your wisdom teeth out and then getting an infection!! That was fun!! (watching your babe that is)

~H said...

Well I have actually only met you once and to me it was a wonderful memory... On mine and Bryans wedding day! You were so sweet and gave me a big hug! I had heard a lot about you from many people so it was so nice to finally meet you! I must say from what they all said I couldn't agree more. You seem to be an amazing person and are beautiful! All of the memories I have of you following that are ones of gratitude everytime I look at the picutre you gave us of the Salt Lake Temple. Thank you so much!

Kristi said...

My memory is from Wymount too! It's actually a memory that Ben and I both have of you. Tyler was just a little baby and he was the cutest thing we had ever seen. You were trying to teach him how to say basketball before Peter got home from class to surprise him. It came out "buh buh" but you thought it was the greatest thing you'd ever heard! That night, Ben and I said to each other, "I like the name Tyler." And a few years later we had one of our own!!

Anonymous said...

It's taken me a few days to sort through all of our many memories to come up with a really good one...Whiskeytown! That trip was one of the highlights of my life! The bear lockers...walking to the payphone to call boys (I don't remember which ones though)...floating on air mattresses...the rope swing...the late night conversations...the hammock..."yo"...looking at the stars...sleeping on the boat...SO much fun! I'm tearing up just thinking about it! Love you...

Katie said...

I remember that when I first moved to Clovis, you invited me over to your house to watch a movie with some other people. I was totally nervous but you were so nice. I seriously remember trying to pick out what to wear to fit in with these cool new California kids- what a nerd, huh? You've always been so open & inviting to everyone you know- which I really admire.

kahnfam said...

I remember going walking-all the time. I remember the one time when it was dark and you were making fun of me for carrying mace. But, then a truck pulled over right in front of us and we freaked out and we went inside the school gate and called our husbands. It turned out to be a coincidence, but you can never be too careful!

Steve and Cyndi said...

There are so many things I remember about you! I remember when you and Tara shared a room and you had splatter paint on your walls! I remember thinking that was the coolest thing! I remember playing at your house and jumping on the trampoline and playing up on the third story (which always seemed hot). I remember that you guys had a running pad for the nintendo which I had never seen before. I remember the party you threw just before you moved with all the girls from Mrs. Rooney's class! I remember your house on Ashley Street before you moved out to the country. I remember the games we played at recess at Beamer/Whitehead. I remember you playing the flute in band. I remember going to your apartment in Provo just after you got married and meeting Peter.
I could go on much more, but I think this is already pretty long!

Steve and Cyndi said...

Wait, one more! I remember when our sisters were "the sisters of Sole" in the road show and then how we wore those for Halloween! Do you remember that?!!

kelly said...

I have a few, but my earliest memory is when you and Bryan were dating and you came over to my in laws house and you were really quiet, I did not get to know you that day! You are such a fun girl and I wish you lived close.

Spackman's said...

Well all of young womens was a blast! But I have to say one of my favorites was youth conference being able to talk with you all night! We stayed up way to late... Your the best love ya tons

Jed and Leona said...

well let's see...from the first time i met you at your house when my sis and your bro and their friends had a study group/get together...that was when i was in 8th grade and you in 7th...from then on to drama class...all the plays we were in together, you 'changing' me (my dad always said you turned me into a monster because i wasn't quiet anymore), our written language so no one would be able to translate our manny letters we wrote, standing by the bathrooms waiting for Scottie to arrive just so we could say hi, CARROT STICKS for you and your PUNKIN!:) our 'signs' we had for each of our guys! our baggie shirts and long knee shorts then to our small shirts and short shorts!
Onto highschool...22, 18 (22 is still my favorite number!) whiskeytown and something to do with a red truck and how we were going to buy one and share it. BOSOM BUDDIES! i'm still willing to go through with that one :) Jr. LARCS/Partners and Mrs. Heck! There are just sooo many! Love you babe, you were a great friend in High School and you still are. we REALLY need to get together and make some more memories!