Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Exploding with Pictures!

So my dear sweet husband bought me a card reader the other day online (without me knowing about it) and it came in the mail today! Needless to say I've been DYING to get the pictures off of my camera and was SO glad that I did! I have the dang cutest kids on the planet I just know it!! My heart gushed as I looked through all of the pictures. So you have to indulge me as I spill my pictures onto my blog!


So these were from August 3rd when we had Maddie's Family Bday celebration! We got her a new bike for her Birthday and she was SO pleased to have a two wheeler! She (exactly like Tyler) hopped right on the two wheeler and sped out from under our grasp like she'd been riding her whole life! She was so excited and I think the picture captured it pretty well! And my 4 sweet kids just out riding bikes all together at 9pm just made me smile! And this picture of Nathan makes me laugh for LOTS of reasons! One is that he's wearing Tyler's FILTHY t-shirt and the Another is that he's wearing Maddie's Flip-flops and isn't he just so cute?! He is ALWAYS wearing some crazy pair of shoes! He likes plastic dress up high heels because they *clank* on the floor and he also wears the girls shoes ALL THE TIME! He's so funny!

K look at how cute my boys are! Tyler is making funny "feeding" faces as he shared his cereal with Nathan. My kids love each other so much! Tyler gets Nathan out of his crib every morning much to Nathan's delight and Maddie changes Nathan's wet diapers and gets angry because I won't let her change his messy ones. They take such good care of each other!

So on the Sunday before Maddie's birthday we celebrated with Grandma and Grandpa Ehat and her cousins and aunt and uncles and Madeline made her very own cupcakes for everyone. This has kind of become a tradition. Where my kids get to make the cake or cupcakes for the family party and I make the fun one for the friend party. Isn't she gorgeous?

And I had to put this one on here of my sweet Tyler because he's actually smiling and not doing some crazy hand sign or making a gansta' face or something crazy! Man I love this kid! He's growing up too fast!

Here's me and the birthday girl (and Nathan in the background)

Now this has to have an explanation! Peter told me that I couldn't post this picture unless I told the story behind it and it was WAY too precious not to post so here's the story! Peter is the ward clerk and so he has Bishopric meetings early on Sunday morning. He wasn't feeling very well and was up late the night before and needless to say he came home from his meetings EXHAUSTED! Well Maddie and Emily were playing in the living room where he was laying down and they kept waking him up to ask him if he wanted to play with them. He (being the best daddy in the universe) had to say YES. So they'd hand him a doll and he'd hold it up and play for a second and then when they got distracted he'd put it down and go to sleep. But they kept waking him up because they were concerned that he kept dropping his doll. Anyway, he was so tired he wanted to find a way to get them to let him sleep. So he told them that his baby dolls were tired and needed to rest for awhile. They were satisfied and he worried that if he put them down they would wake him up again so he snuggled up with them and was out in seconds! I saw a picture opportunity and snatched it! Isn't he so sweet!?

This is Maddie's invitation to her Birthday Party (I made it in Photoshop)

These are Maddie's cute little princess party friends (check out the picasa album for more pictures from the party)

This is her cake (I didn't put the frosting in the fridge so it was a little "melty")

Making a Birthday Wish

Tyler's first day of First Grade

Making sure I don't forget what grade he's in (he's saying "FIRST" and holding up one finger)

Madeline's first day of Kindergarten

SOOOOO Excited! This picture does her excitement NO justice at all!!

Peter wanted to make sure he got to be there on her first day of school so he came up to the school with us and walked her to her class!

Emily started her Preschool/Playgroup co-op the next day and she was giggling and bubbling over with excitement!

How stinking CUTE is she?!


So Tyler had another loose tooth (his 3rd) and got impatient for it to come out again and begged Peter to get the pliers! (This was only a few days ago, the 11th I think)

Just before...

...during

..."huh?" (right after)

...when he realized what just happened

Holding his tooth in the pliers! Doesn't he have pretty eyes?

So there were SOME of the pictures I got off of my camera. As always I uploaded more to my Picasa Web Album (link on the left - the slideshows).

10 comments:

McKenna said...

Oh I love the pictures! It reminds me of the good old days of being a kid. Having so much excitement over the kid things in life; birthday parties, first day of school, teeth pulling. This was a great sum-up of what childhood is. Thanks for sharing. And of course a big thanks to Peter for your card reader.

Tara Rickards said...

So glad your pictures are up! Your kids are so cute! I love the first day of school pictures! And Peter on the couch is way too funny! I'm going to email it to Jason! Haha! Yes, the time stamp is right. It really is almost 5am! Thanks for being a cute distraction to my sleepless night! Love you little sis!

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

Hey janelle, Your blog is so cute! You live in Lehi? I live in South Jordan, just off Bangerter and 11400 south in daybreak!
Your family is just so precious!

Anonymous said...

yay! a new post...and with pictures! your family is beautiful and growing up SO fast! i love those pictures of emily on her first day of preschool...you MUST have more girls! love you!

Caralee (CJ) Waddell said...

You all have teeth issues too? Cant wait for Lucas to lose that very tooth (the chipped one). And yes, pretty eyes! :)

Kristi said...

your kids are so cute! I love the one of Tyler when his tooth had just come out. Your girls are gorgeous! Nice work.

kelly said...

Way too cute. My favorites-Nathan in the big dirty shirt, Peter sleeping with the dolls (and the story that goes with it), your very excited kindergartner, and Tyler sharing his cereal. Micah loves getting Peyton out of her crib too. Nothing, seriously, nothing makes me happier than seeing my kids love for each other. To get the updates, go to customize and choose what used to be Add a page element, it's now Add a gadget, scroll down and you'll find it, I forget what it's called. You have to reenter all the addresses though, just open both windows and copy and paste.

Tami said...

you do have beautiful kids. and man weird to think i'm gonna have a kid loosing teeth soon. the tooth fairy must be busy at your house!

Janelle Ehat said...

Sad, but Tyler is no longer "a believer" in the tooth fairy. He thought he was so grown up until he lost this tooth and was upset when the "tooth fairy" (he even made quotes with his fingers when he mentioned her to me) didn't leave him any money! I told him that the "tooth fairy" (I did that same finger thing back to him) only brings money to kids that believe in her! Little stinker! But I did tell him that I'd get him something special when he lost his teeth if they were clean and healthy!

Jed and Leona said...

ahhhh, you're kids are soo big! we SERIOUSLY need to get together! i'll be gone next weekend...yeah me! but we'll have to get together after that. monday's are my best days because those are the ONLY days i don't babysit. (i will be sooo glad when it's over and I have my own life) anyway, weekends are good too, so we'll have to plan something! love you girl :)