So I was talking to my friend Teresa this morning about conference and she said, "Was it just me, or did President Monson tell us that as mothers we should have piles of laundry and sticky fingerprints on all clean surfaces and toys strewn about the house?" I definitely heard that same message. He said we'd miss it when it was gone and those things showed that we were taking the time to enjoy the children that we are raising and not just cleaning up after them. So from now on I'm not going to apologize for my house! I'm going to wear it as a true badge of motherhood and a sign that I love my children enough to leave the mess (for a little while) to enjoy them and play with them! I also found this quote from Sister Hinckley:
"I don’t want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk’s lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor’s children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone’s garden. I want to be there with children’s sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
So here's to following the Prophet!

5 comments:
I second the motion.
great post. i love that quote.
this is a really good post and doesn't it make you feel better to know we are doing what the prophet asks lol
what talk was that? we missed a little bit cause we watched it at home and making your kids sit the whole time isn't easy. then there's the diapers, lunches, etc... i can;t wait to read that one in the ensign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!
p.s. i double dog dare you to post pictures of your real laundry haha
i miss you!
Love it, I am living this one to the fullest and when they make a mess at my mom's I tell her, "Your welcome, I know you miss those days.' And then flash a huge smile!
Post a Comment