Monday, December 1, 2008

Peter turned THIRTY!

So my fabulous husband turned THIRTY yesterday, and he looks pretty darn good for his age if you ask me! *wink* We had a fun Surprise Party on Saturday night and had a full house! Thank you so much for everyone who came and made it such a fun night! We were in California until Friday afternoon and got home to Utah around 3:30 am on Saturday! Peter didn't want to leave Fresno until Saturday morning, but there's no way we could have made it home in time for the party if we stayed. I tried to think of everything to convince him to leave early (even though leaving Friday was the plan all along). I even told him that I didn't feel like shopping with my mom and sisters and aunts and cousin (which is what they were going to be doing all day on Friday), so I'd just be home alone all day, but if he wanted to stay and hang out with the guys that was fine! Anyway, we ended up deciding to leave at noon, which turned into 2:00. And then I had to convince him that we really could go all the way home because even if we stopped in St. George to sleep we'd still have to wake up SUPER early in order to be home early enough for me to be able to convince him that he still wanted to go out at 5pm! Anyway! After all the craziness in trying to make it home in time for the party, Peter started to catch on that something was going on. But he had no idea how many people and how many old friends would be there, in his mind he'd decided that if anything was happening it was just family. So the 60 or so people crammed into our little house was quite a shock to him! It was so fun! And Peter's parents scanned a bunch of pictures of Peter growing up and made a movie set to music for us to watch! It was such a great night! Thanks again to all of you that were able to come! Here's a few pictures of Peter's birthday cake that I made for him and of him playing with the kids and my niece Lauren.

I have the greatest husband in the universe! He's so much fun to be around! I'm so so so so grateful for him and don't know what I'd do without him! Happy Birthday love!

7 comments:

Tara Rickards said...

Happy Birthday Peter!
We wish we could have been there! We were so excited for you and couldn't believe Janelle had really kept it a surprise!!! What a cool wife you have! ;-) It was so fun to see you guys last week! Miss you already!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETER! We were sad that we missed the party...it sounds like you had a great time!

kahnfam said...

How fun! Happy Birthday Peter!

~H said...

WOW... lol just kidding! Happy Birthday! It looks like you guys had a blast!

KFerrara said...

Peter is so young...
Happy Birthday to him and what a great surprise for him.

Dawn Harvey said...

So sad that I missed it. We tried so hard to get there. They had to close down the roads from Colorado to Utah because they were so bad. I felt so sad that I couldn't be there! How many from the Mish showed up? Happy Birthday Anziano Ehat!! 11 years ago we were in the MTC! Crazy.

Robyn said...

We were bummed to miss it. Tell Peter hi for us!