Monday, February 23, 2009

I LOVE Hilary Weeks!

She seriously has to be one of my favorite people ever! I have loved her music for as long as I can remember, especially since I started having kids and a few of her songs really hit home. One of them that I love most is called, "Who You Are" here are the lyrics:

I know you wonder if you'll ever have a day,
when the kids stay calm, the laundry's done and the dishes are put away.
Sometimes you feel like your days are spent and gone
and the question running through your mind is what have I gotten done?
And when you finally have a moment to slow down
at the end of your day I know Father would say

Believe in what you're doing
Believe in who you are.
And hold tight to the truth that you're a daughter of God
Believe in who you're becoming
Believe in who you are.

It may seem simple, all the little things you do,
but the lives you touch matter so much and there's no one else like you.
And Father needs you to stand tall and faithful
to be all you can be, oh if you could see what he sees

You'd believe in what you're doing
You'd believe in who you are
So hold tight to the truth that you're a daughter of God
Believe in who you're becoming
Believe in who you are.

When it's hard to believe in yourself
and you feel like you're beginning to doubt,
Remember

He believes in what you're doing
He believes in who you are
So don't lose sight of the truth that you're a daughter of God
That he believes in who you're becoming
He believes in who you are.

LOVE that song! Well I've met her on a few occasions and love how completely real and down to earth she is. I just found her blog and I read some of it and love her even more now! Here's a link to Hilary's blog http://hilaryweeks.com/blog/
Well the reason I went off on this Hooray for Hilary rant is because I found these two clips on a friends blog of her singing some more of her real down-to-earth songs on mothering and they made me laugh out loud! Hopefully you will enjoy them as much as I did! This first one is called "To Do List" and it's GREAT!



And this one is "A Few of My Favorite Things" (Hilary Style) Hilarious!



Here is that super funny one that was super crazy popular awhile back set to the William Tell Overture too while we on this funny mothering songs:



Anyway! I hope you enjoyed these! Have a FABULOUS day!

3 comments:

~H said...

ok... can I just tell you that I love the mom song! :) I heard it last year and listen to it whenever I need a good laugh! :) lol Those other two with Hilary Weeks are awesome! I love it! Thanks for making my day! :)

Marylin said...

This is totally random and you don't know me but I was doing a google search for a picture of my cousin Hilary Weeks and your blog came up so I didn't want to just be a stalker! You have a beautiful family!! I love finding new people that seem amazing here in the blog world!! :)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!