Friday, March 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

So I turned 27 years old yesterday. Maddie made me a card that said, "Happy Birthday Mom, You are almost 30! Love Maddie" She is obsessed with being 30 for some reason, she reminds Peter all the time that he's now 30 years old. She says, "Dad, can you believe you are 30 years old!" So cute! The kids woke up early and so I got up before Peter with them, and when he got up he asked me what kind of eggs I'd like with my breakfast. He was all set to make me a fabulous breakfast but I'd already eaten cereal with the kids. So instead he made some cinnamon rolls that had to rise for awhile and then bake, so we had them for a mid-morning snack. Sweet Husband!

After the cinnamon rolls we got ready to go to a funeral for a lady in our ward, Judy Stockett, who lost her battle with cancer this last weekend. She was an amazing lady and SO SO SO positive and happy all the time! Such an inspiration! I had the opportunity to organize a group of Relief Society Sisters to sing a song that she had chosen for us. It was a great service full of love and laughter and we truly celebrated her life. Here's the front cover of the program. Isn't she beautiful?


After the funeral we took Maddie to school and came home. I thought about running out to the store to pick up some milk and bread, but then decided that I didn't really feel like it and we'd be fine till the next day. So instead I took my little treat that my Visiting Teachers brought by and sat on my bed under a cozy blanket and watched Jane Austin's "Emma" while Nathan and Emily played in the basement. I had a very quiet, kind of lazy day, which was FABULOUS!

Then my brother Sterling and his wife Katie called to see if they could watch our kids so we could go out. Peter's been busy with work so we decided to just have them over and get Cafe Rio take out and watch the American Idol Wild Card Show with them. It was great! And Katie made a FABULOUS "Tres Leches" cake with fresh strawberries and peaches on it! So yummy!! We had a fun evening with them and all in all it was a great day!!

Thanks so much for all of your texts and phone calls and birthday wishes! I felt so loved!!

5 comments:

KFerrara said...

Glad to see your birthday was fabulous!!! What a day!
Happy Birthday!

Tami said...

Happy Bday Janelle! you look great.

msprimadonna67 said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday, Janelle. It has been a lot of fun to read about your beautiful family!

Tawna said...

aaaarrrrgg!!! I missed calling you yesterday, and I'm sorry. I knew your birthday was coming up and then I got carried away workin' yesterday. So Haaaaaaaaaappy late birthday cousin! You look great! I love Maddie on the counter in one of these pictures. Such cutie patootie kids. :0) Love ya'! Hope you really did have a great day.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Janelle!