On Saturday we went to the Garden's with Peter's Grandparents (Gma and Gpa Jay) and Auntie Anna and his mom and Joe and Jessica and their two kids. It was so beautiful! I've been several times with the kids and this was I think the most amazing I've ever seen it! So so so beautiful! Grandpa Jay rented a golf cart for them to ride in and there was an extra spot, well, we filled it to say the least!! The kids rode in the cart most of the time - ALL six of them! And Peter was starting to feel sick (and he'd spent a sleepless night at Father's and Sons with the boys and all day in the sun working in the yard with his worst nightmare: weeds!) and so he rode in it for a bit and so did Peter's mom.
I took a short turn but wanted to be out walking so I could take pictures and let's face it - I'm at that point where I want to be on my feet as much as possible hoping that it will help encourage our little Logan out a few days sooner (don't worry, even if I went into full blown labor it'd still take him at least 4 weeks to get here, so the fact that I'm still 7 weeks from my due date is no big deal). We went down and fed the fish and it was AMAZING! They were absolutely ENORMOUS!!! And you could hear their mouths opening and shutting as they tried to gobble up the bread we tossed them!
The kids of course had a blast rolling down the hills. How cute are they?!

Maddie loved to smell the flowers and kept telling me to take pictures of her while she was smelling them. She's such a cute girl! We love you Maddie!
Grandma Jay was in heaven with at least one of her Great-Grandkids on her lap at all times. It was so so nice to have them there with us! We don't get to spend enough time with them and we just love them so much!
Here's some pictures of the flowers and waterfalls



And these were my favorite flowers. They were TINY! They were only about 1/2 inch around but just so beautiful!
We had such a great time and vowed to come back and enjoy it more often. We have a Thanksgiving Pointe property pass and so we get in free to both of the Gardens as well as the Dinosaur Museum and Farm Country (any guests that come in with us get in for half price - so call us sometime and we'll go with you!)! So much fun and so beautiful! Emily kept running around and twirling on the grass singing songs about the "beautiful green grass" I guess it's kind of a novelty to her since our grass is FAR from beautfiul and in fact not too green! And the fact that if she tried to twirl in our backyard she'd probably twist an ankle from all of the holes and divets and crazy things! But I have to admit it is looking A LOT better! Peter has been out working in the yard every Saturday and it's starting to pay off. I don't know how he does it!
3 comments:
The pictures of the kids rolling on the grass are great! So cute!
Janelle, you are such an amazing Mom, all the fun memories you are making with your kids, trust me they will never forget them. And you are also an amazing photographer. Continue posting so we can continue reading! Love, Cyndi
Beautiful! I love your header too. That is too cute that your daughter wanted you to take pictures of her smelling the flowers.
Post a Comment