
So on Monday my Mint Castor Oil Shake really "shook things up" (cheesy courtesy laughs accepted). After it did it's intended job (*ahem*) I started to have some pretty painful contractions. They were about 2 minutes apart and the most painful they'd been yet. They stayed very consistent and getting increasingly painful for about 5 hours. I decided that I wanted to help them "progress" me and hopefully change my cervix dramatically so I took the kids out for a walk. I have never had such a hard time walking in my life, it was slow going and luckily the kids were pretty good about waiting for me every 2 minutes as I slowed to an almost immobile waddle! We walked by our clubhouse park and I decided that I needed to sit for a bit. I was half expecting the contractions to stop or slow down, but instead after a few minutes of sitting the crept closer together and got even more painful! So now they were 1 minute apart and pretty tough going. After awhile we made our way back home. I knew these contractions were brought on by the Castor oil so I knew they'd probably slow down or space out before the night was over. But they stayed about 1 minute apart for another 3 hours or so. As I lay down to go to sleep Monday night I realized that they weren't as painful as they had been and I knew it was only a matter of time before they eased up completely. When I fell asleep they were pretty mild and 3 minutes apart. Tuesday morning they were back to my normal fairly mild 5 minutes apart and I was feeling really good. So I figured it was a success! I have my appointment on Thursday so I figured I'd give myself one more dose of Castor oil today (Wednesday) so that hopefully by Thursday I'll have progressed to maybe a 3 and he'll be able to strip my membranes again and I'll go into full blown labor on my own, or I'll have progressed enough that he'll agree to break my water on Saturday or Sunday so that we can have this baby before Peter's mom leaves to go out of town for a week. SO!! The kids ate all of my Mint chip ice cream as well as my mint oreos, so I decided to try something different. The texture of straight orange juice and Castor Oil was pretty miserable. But I decided that I would try to make and Orange Cream Shake with orange juice, vanilla ice cream and a little milk and add my Castor oil to that. I decided that I would probably taste the Castor oil a bit more than I did on Monday but it was okay, a necessary sacrifice to bring Logan into our family a little sooner. Well, I made the shake and added the Castor oil and surprisingly I didn't taste it or notice it in there AT ALL!! Hooray for another successful Castor oil recipe!! So anyway! We'll see how today's contractions go and hopefully by the time I go in for my appointment tomorrow we'll have some good news! I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow! Nathan was a week and a half early and Emily was 2 weeks early, so I'm hoping to get this party started! I'll post news after my appointment tomorrow and let you know where things are at!
5 comments:
oh, you sound like you are just miserable. hopefully, this week is the week. maybe we will be able to see you and logan when we come out? :)
Good luck I hope tomorrow brings good news. I know it has been a rough last few months with the contractions starting earlier than normal, I don't know how you do it but you sure are amazing.
Man... I hope the Castor oil pays off soon! We will keep you in or prayers!! ps- LOVE THE PAGES! I would love to learn a thing or two from you...you're amazing.
Oh man, all this talk of caster oil is making me feel sick!
Hope it all worked and you'll be holding that boy in arms soon!!
You poor thing! That last couple of weeks is tough. Castor oil sent me into labor with my last one but I wasn't smart enough to make a shake. Mixing it with Diet Coke is a bad idea! Good luck!
Post a Comment