Monday, February 22, 2010

Painting Progress

I'm not sure if you remember from my earlier post the color of the walls in my house... if not, click here to refresh your memory! We have been quite anxious to remedy this situation and have been accumulating Home Depot gift cards for Birthdays and Christmas and finally went this past weekend and bought paint! Here are the colors we picked:

The Chocolate Brown will be the color of the Dining Room. The Red will be an accent wall in the Family Room as well as an accent wall in the Living Room and the Green will be the Kitchen and half bathroom. The Tan is all of the rest of the walls in the entire house (minus the bedrooms and upstairs bathrooms which are already painted fabulous colors!). We being the computer nerds that we are, took pictures of each of the rooms and tweaked them in Photoshop to have these colored walls and LOVED the way they turned out! So we are excited for the transformation! Here's the before, during and after pictures of the first room we've finished, the Family Room:

Before

One wall done

painting the red wall

The Finished Family Room

What do you think?! We are LOVING it! Yesterday Maddie woke up and said, "It's just a regular old day today, just like every other day, except THIS is the first day that we've had the red wall downstairs!!" Funny Girl! She's been so excited about it and says frequently, "Mom, can you BELIEVE we have a RED WALL in our house?!" I'll be sure to post pictures of the other rooms as we finish them. I was planning on prepping the kitchen today and getting started but we have two sick boys and I might not get as much done as I would have liked. But that's life! And I wouldn't change it for anything!

4 comments:

ToddandCamille said...

I love it, Great Job!

Unknown said...

Wow,
what a difference! I love it!

Tony and Ali Rico said...

I love the red Janelle!

Aaron and Devon said...

Super cute! I love it! I keep trying to convince Aaron to let me have a red wall too but so far no luck.