Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Logan Turned ONE

I lost my camera charger and my battery died on June 29th! I have been searching for the charger EVERYWHERE since then and taking pictures on my phone and feeling especially bummed that my nice big camera is still broken so I am completely camera-less and not liking it at all! On July 3rd we had a family BBQ to celebrate the 4th of July and watch the fireworks and we celebrated Logan's first birthday on this day too (he was born on July 1st). I was not about to NOT have pictures from his first birthday so I ran across the street and borrowed my neighbors camera that is the same as my broken one. Seeing these pictures makes me REALLY miss my nice camera! I've loved my Digital Elph and it takes great pictures but it just doesn't compare to the ones my Canon EOS Digital Rebel takes! I've resolved to get my camera fixed and soon, and I've also accepted the fact that my battery charger for my small camera is also lost and will need to be replaced. *sigh* I brought back my neighbors camera right after cake and presents so I didn't get any pictures of our fourth of july celebrations or my girls cute "firecracker" hairdo's. But I'm SO glad that I got these ones of little Logie Dogue! Thanks so much Mindy for letting us use your camera for a bit! Here are some of my favorite pictures of Logan (he was super tired and had double ear infections so he wasn't quite as smiley as normal but I think they are still cute pictures):

We love you so much Logan! I can hardly believe it's already been a YEAR since you were born! You have been SO MUCH FUN and so sweet and we're so glad you are a part of our family. At one year old you are walking, clapping, playing pat-a-cake and "rolling it", nodding your head and saying 'ya', shaking your head and saying 'no, no no', waving your chubby hand and saying 'hi', asking for bites by saying, 'buh!, you say 'mama' and 'dada', point to things and say, 'dat!' , say 'uh-uh' whenever something falls on the floor (this morning Maddie got him out of his crib after his nap and was looking in his blankets for his sippy cup and he leaned way over the side of his crib and said, 'bah-bah uh-uh' and Maddie looked under his crib and sure enough his sippy (or bah bah) had fallen under his crib before she came in and he told her where to find it!) dancing when you hear music, waving your hand around imitating the chorister leading when you hear music, talk on the phone (and remote controls) by putting them up to your ear and jabbering in a high pitched tone, give hugs and big slobbery kisses, love balls, cars and trucks and LOVE to snuggle with your big brothers and sisters and of course with mom and dad! You are such a HAPPY little guy and we feel SO blessed to have you as a part of our family! Love you Logie Dogue!!



5 comments:

Tara Rickards said...

Ahhh, he is just so darn cute! I love the last scrapbook page you posted. It is so sweet. He is seriously the happiest little guy I have ever seen! When he smiles, you just can't help feeling all warm and fuzzy and smiling too!

Tami said...

that last picture of all the kids kissing him is SO adorable.

Amy said...

He's so cute!! Happy Birthday, little man!!

Sarah Smiles said...

You have the most adorable children and the most adorable pictures of them! You even have an adorable blog to match. Wow! A whole year old already! Logan you are so cute! I love your middle name! My youngest is named Spencer.

Kammy Ellis said...

Wow you're family is growing up So fast!!! And I'm so glad you found me! Because I was able to find you!